Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Aaaarrrrgh!!

I was in Atlanta this weekend at my sister's and thought I would catch the oscars there with the rest of the family. Come Oscar night and I did what I do best. I forgot to watch it. I had been looking forward to it what with Jon Stewart hosting it for the first time. Many personal favorites were nominated.

I had to make do with Roger Ebert’s write up and quotations from winning speeches. I am still googling to find when ABC will re-air it, if at all they do.

I was also reading related news articles when the following link about ‘Syriana’ caught my fancy. What an entirely different POV!!

SPOILER WARNING: The following write-up will reveal plot details from ‘Syriana’
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2002846556_krauthammer06.html

1 comment:

Escape.... Great Escape said...

i had to work through the oscar presentations and followed it on Fark.. replete with gaffs goofs and cleavage shots... and ofcourse tongue in cheek commentary. I heard Jon stewart was Ok.. but not that good.. as usual people saying compering not being his 'medium'....

I also heard some holloywood types were so tight assed about his jokes that they squeaked whn they walked.

I did check out the song that wont he best original SNDTRK... the rap song called "Its hard out there to be a pimp".. and i thought it was the worst Rap song ever... As usual this years Oscars was a total flop... you dint miss nothing.